Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Personal View


Hello and Welcome

If you stumbled onto this page, please let me introduce myself. My name is Victoria. I am a writer, editor, story teller to children and the elderly, artist, mother, grandmother and concerned citizen of the world.



I decided to put this blog together because there is a lot I have to say and not everything I do is about Aquaponics and growing food. I am the editor of the ASC Magazine (Aquaponics Survival Communities) and you may already be a subscriber with us or maybe you have no idea what the ASC does.

For nearly 2 years now I have put out a monthly online magazine where average people tell their stories about growing food in more natural ways. We also introduce local businesses to communities for education purposes, so others can connect and learn more. We encourage all people to get involved with the worldwide movement of growing food in a more natural and healthy way. 

I have made it no secret that I do not agree with GMO, pesticides, nasty additives in skin care and other household products which pose health risks to everyone. Before buying anything I always suggest people do their research first regarding all those ingredients. If you cannot pronounce the names properly on a label look it up before purchasing.

Labels can be very deceiving so you really have to look at the ingredients. Mike and I must stand in the aisle of supermarkets for hours trying to figure out what is usable and safe...yes it can be that bad, so all I can say is research first.

Most of our families skincare and health products we purchase at Co-Ops, farmers markets or health food stores. That doesn't mean you still get a free pass there either. We look over everything and ask a lot of questions. Sounds almost paranoid but I assure you it's not. Just look up Parabens and associated risks to this additive found in shampoo, moisturizers, conditioners, make-up and you will see what I mean. 

So About Me.. 

I am the proud mother of 4 great kids who range in age from 32 to 16. I am also a grandmother to 2 beautiful little boys. I am concerned with how the world will look when my little grandson becomes a young man. Will it be a better place for him? I sure hope so.

I have been married to a fantastic man, great husband and awesome father for 18 years now. Mike is my best friend, business partner and constant companion. I feel so blessed to have these wonderful people in my life.

My family live in Colorado and I doubt we will ever leave this beautiful state. In our household we have a deep love of nature and a great respect for the earth. Even though I was born in Australia, there is something magical about being in the mountains and I call this place my home now.


The World View


I truly dislike what is happening to our world with GMO foods, fracking, poisoning our waterways, corrupting our soil and watching turmoil happening around the world. The idea of growing food and poisons together is insane. It's bad for our bodies, our future and our earth. What ever happened to common sense because it seems to me that everything, is upside down now? 

I have my own opinions about politics and the people who are running our world. I'm finding out there are a lot of other people out there who are NOT happy with the way the world is headed either. So how do we fix the problems because war never solved anything. The only thing war creates is big profits for the corporations, death, poverty and more destruction of our soil.

If we are to change the world, we have to think differently, act better and treat all people with respect and kindness. Does this mean we can still take advantage of others by our actions and thoughts? Well I suppose anyone can, but karma has a way of eventually handing out a final decision on that.

“History shows us that the people who end up changing the world – the great political, social, scientific, technological, artistic, even sports revolutionaries – are always nuts, until they are right, and then they are geniuses.” -John Eliot

I am a great believer in what you put out into the universe, good or bad will eventually come back to you in some form or the other. We get to live for about 70 to 80 years, so we need to make our lives count. We must do what we can to help others while we are here. We are all responsible for our own actions, heart and thoughts. No government, or group of people can control that in anyone, if you do not let it happen.

We should be independent thinkers with genuine co-operation for all people in mind. I do not believe in a hive mentality thinking, as I feel it's destructive and stifles our ability to be who we were all born to be. All people need to do is read history and see that independent thinking is what bought about great and wondrous changes on our earth.

Until next time ponder this quote by one of my favorite philosophers.

"Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power." -Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Warmest regards

Victoria








No comments:

Post a Comment